Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My other love

On Saturday, we celebrate my dear friend Jess's b-day party at Joe Fortes. The outfit I wore you've all seen before. I just added my Erickson Beamon cuff and changed the sandals to my yellow ones.




group shot after dinner

I decided that from now on I will also share with you my other love other than fashion: FOOD. I'm not really into clubs/bars/pubs but one thing i really enjoy are great restaurants with good food. So from now on I will also add a little restaurant review.
As I said we dined at Joe Fortes. The restaurant has a very old world feel like u stepped back into the 20's or 30's. This time though we dined on their rooftop patio which had a more relaxed atmosphere.


I had the Surf and Turf: a sirloin steak, jumbo tiger prawns, fresh herb mashed potatoes, summer vegetables and Cabernet jus.
I have to tell you I was very disappointed by this dish. The mashed potato felt more like mashed parsley and it had the same taste. The Cabernet jus was not enough and the dish overall was very dry. I would seriously not recommend this.


My BF had the Pork Chop with mashed potatoes, maple port reduction and apple honey compote. I think from everybody at the table he was the only one fully satisfied by his choice. I did not try the dish but he definitely recommends it.


My friend Heidi had the Cedar Smoked Wild Salmon with sweet pea ravioli, forest mushrooms, tomato and edemame. She personally did not like it because she thought the sauce was too much and took away from the flavour of the fish but I personally thought it gave it the just the right amount of flavour. I personally find fish very unflavourful so I personally recommend it.( I had a bite from this dish)


The one dish I keep thinking about and I would probably order it the next time I would dine at Joe Fortes is the Seafood Linguini with prawns, scallops, mussels and basil marinara sauce. Although the 2 people at the table that ordered that found empty mussel shells, I still thought it was the most delicious dish and also one of the more affordable ones.


As for dessert, I always have the Chocolate Lava Cake with vanilla gelato and cherries. Its really decadent and rich but its so yummy.

29 comments:

Emily said...

Aww all 4 of you girls look amazing! And wow, I think food is my third love, after music and fashion of course, and everything looks delicious =) Sounds like you had a blast!

Unknown said...

your style is so cute... love it

thefatandskinnyonfashion said...

your make up looks so good in the middle picture.

Damsels said...

i haven't seen it before since im a new follower but im definitely glad to see itnow

i love that dress and the jacket
We Were Damsels

LF said...

I realllly like this outfit-that dress is awesome and the sweet cardi is a great addition! You and your friends are darling, and that food looks scrumptious!

jess s//

PinkFleurette said...

I confess...food is my first love. I LOVE to cook. So much.

Great outfit, and I love the cuff!

diane said...

Now that's a birthday celebration dress if I ever saw one! You look absolutely adorable.
As for the food, you're killing me. Keep posting it though, I'm a strong girl. xo

MissRedLips said...

mouth is watering over the food pics...and really am loving your handbag!! looks like a fabulous evening!

Anonymous said...

That is a pretty dress you are wearing, love the print

Amazing Style said...

imi place foarte mult rochita. ai o fata f babydoll. ar trebui sa pui mai multe portrete.
mancarea aia arata delicios

Insomnia said...

Very classy!

x

Weesha said...

That dress is so lovely!vyou look beauitful :)

Lily Zemuner said...

After those pics, I'm hungry! That's your falt! hahaha...

I love your yellow sandals.

xoxo
Lily.

alineaimee said...

You are gorgeous and this dishes look really yummi!!!
It's hard to believe most of them were not so good!

xx

Aline

elena-lu said...

oh i love that dress and im glad you are already getting to use your new cuff! looks yummy glad for food pics! always fun to see

Vintage Lollipops said...

You're so gorgeous! And the dress is absolutely perfect with that jacket! xxx

Aline said...

this is so adorable and that food looks soooooo yummy!

carola said...

Great outfit! Cute, summery and feminine! I'm enjoying way too much this additional "food" feature :D Dangerous for my self-imposed regime, I must say!

Etrapar said...

nice dress but you could choose another bag...also you're beautiful anyway
XoXo

Eda said...

Great way to show off that gorgeous cuff! PS: The food looks yummy!

Mimi said...

The food looks totally yummi.

I like your outfits a lot especially this Chanel a-like jacket.

nice blog and style.you're a real lady girl :)

PUNKIE said...

great outfit! and your skin... amazing!
the food seems so tasteful!

Denisa L said...

looking great!all of you!


I like only the weave ones:))

Emz said...

I loveee your dress! Your outfit is fabulous. And omgosh that food looks absolutely deliciousss =)

Damsels said...

oh damn i couldnt see any of the pics . maybe itwas my browser . ill check again later
We Were Damsels

Thanks for the lovely comment we really appreciate you stopping by our blog

:(

Nika said...

the bracelet, nail polish color, shoes, dress and jacket are fabulous. As you can see I like it all, lol the food looks delish!

Ingrid Araujo said...

Hummm, so delicious!
Lovely look friend!!!

Kisses.

a frock a day said...

Pretty floral dress and the lava cake looks amazing!!!

O'STYLE said...

Love your jacket!

Olga

xo!