Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Kettle of Fish

Today my Bf and I, George, celebrated our 4 year anniversary. We went to a local seafood restaurant called A Kettle of Fish.
This is what I wore... I was planning on a different outfit but another pair of shoes killed me on Friday so I could not wear the planned outfit because my feet hadn't recuperated. So therefore I had to resort to wearing my most comfy heels and the Narcissist dress which is a bit on the classic and boring side if u ask me. Narcissist is a local Canadian label that is kind of popular here but their clothes tend to be on the matronly side... I bough this dress to satisfy a friend who worked for them... only wore it one other time in my life for a formal presentation. I figure I will get a lot of use out of it once I start working.



( Zara bag, Federicca Balducci shoes, Tracy Feith for Target Jacket, Narcissist Dress)




Anyways the food at the restaurant was amazing. I had the Calamari salad as appetizer and the scallops and green lentil curry for main. My bf had the blue crab fritters and obviously a steak. Unfortunately, I couldn't take pics because it was a very intimate setting as you can see from the above pics. So I leave you now with some other dishes I found online from their restaurant so you get a sense of the amazing food served here. For those of you who live in Vancouver, I strongly recommend you dine here... for those that will ever find themselves in Van City, a trip to this restaurant is a must. Oh i should warn u though that the majority of the patrons tend to be on the older side( 50 +) which makes it kind of awkward. That's the only downside to this restaurant... If u can get over it than you should enjoy the evening very well.








P.S. My 4 year anniversary gift... a Tiffany dog charm for my charm bracelet to symbolize Maxi's arrival in our lives... we got him in January.

21 comments:

Alice in vintageland said...

WOW! You look so pretty in those electric shades of blue and mustard! I actually think the dress looks very good - you make it look very good indeed!

P.S- I'm sure you'll be able to go to at least one fair during your trip to Bucharest even if it's too early to tell you for sure, usually this kind of events are announced one week earlier!:)

Lily Zemuner said...

Hmmm... that looks delicious!
Congrats for your 4 year anniversary. In September I'm gonna celebrate 7 years!!!

Mina, thanks for your lovely coments! You're amazing and I think you are one of my friends too. And it's pretty sad that we don't know each other in fact. You are so sweet!

xoxo
Lily.

diane said...

That dress is not matronly, and actually clings VERY closely to your body. I'm sure your bf loved it on you.
Dinner sounds nice, Happy Anniversary!
The scottie necklace is cute.

PUNKIE said...

another time... so Carrie! I like the look! and this turquoise looks great on you!

Aline said...

happy anniversary...you look adorable!

Damsels said...

oh my god . that i sweeet as anything !
me and my bf want our first pet soon .
great mustard heels
oh ok .. so nadia ( me ) i am way thinner and have black hair ..maybe i'll start putting the name . but laritza's hair is way shorter than mine .

anyway ..you comment on the looks even if you dont know who's who. thanks for inquiring i like to see that at least someone cares

L.I.N said...

wow! i like how the colour looks against your skin. congratulations anyway!

MizzJ said...

Cute little jacket, I think it spices up this outfit enormously b/c you're right, that dress is kinda boring :p Happy anniversary!

alineaimee said...

Mina,

that food looks delicious!!!
And I like the colour of the dress!!!
The purse is incredible!!!
And the present you got is so cute!!!
Congrats!!!

Aline

Insomnia said...

4 years, congrats!! That's not nothing :) My bf and I are together for 3.5 years.
Don't worry, you looked good! The color of the dress is really nice!

Denisa L said...

I like the dress,it has such a beautiful color!
Also,can't wait to meet you:x

Haute World said...

Congrats on your 4 month anniversary! My guy and I celebrated our 4 month as well on July 10th. Great outfit - love the colors! And the food looks pretty amazing. I've been to a few as well where we ended up being the youngest couple there, but I guess it's probaby because a younger crowd will usually flock to more trendy places? Who knows... glad you had such a great time!

Jojo said...

Wow I love the mix of colours in your outfit. They look so great together..

P.S congrats on the anniversary

Love Jojo x
http://josclothes.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

nice outfit, i love your bag *-*

&the food look so delicious yummy :D

LF said...

you always wear the best colors!!! the food looks so yummy too :))


jess s//

What Was I Thinking? said...

Aw, what a cute post, congrats on the anniversary!

The food looks so yummy and I love that little floral jacket.

Eda said...

Happy anniversary!
I love how that dress looks on you...and that shade of blue goes amazing with your skin tone.

Velo said...

the food looks like yummyyyyy....
and ur face is very pretty. =D

Unknown said...

Congrats on the four year anniversary! :)

Looks like you had a great day, and you look absolutely amazing! Thanks for your comments, keep stopping by me!

thefatandskinnyonfashion said...

Congrats!

Amazing Style said...

toate cele buna, draguto!