Sunday, March 22, 2009

Deslutting







Dress: Roberto Cavalli for H&M
Blazer: BCBG
Sunglasses: Ray-Ban
Tights: H&M
Boots: Payless

Have u ever bought into the craziness that the media produces about a designer's capsule collection for a mass retailer? I did with Roberto Cavalli for H&M. I used to worship him in my fashion school years ... when I was also single and loved slutty clothes and out there animal prints. anyways my style has long since changed but in the fall of 07 when his capsule collection came out I went nuts and bought the zebra slutty dress shown in the pics. I should mention that I did not buy it in the store, as it was already sold out by the time i got there ( i was 2 minutes late and the racks were empty)... I bought it on eBay and payed double the retail price... I just had to have the damn dress. Once i got it, I realized that this purchase was too impulsive... the dress was way too low cut for my current taste... it was just too damn slutty.

Anyways... this is my attempt to deslutt the dress by wearing it with my oversize blazer. I have been obsessed lately with wearing it. Yes deslutt is a made up word by me. I tend to invent a lot of them in case u have not realized that by now.
The only time I actually wore the dress in its slutty form was on NYE ... the only time I thought such a dress would be appropriate.
I am also planning on wearing it in the slutty format in the city of tackiness... yes u know which one I am talking about... VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!!!


the dress in its slutty splendor on NYE 2009

17 comments:

Mina said...

just realized how uptight i look in these photos. I should definetly stop posing.

Unknown said...

I love the blazer and the boots...really cute.

xoxo
Stephanie
www.modernantoinette.blogspot.com

Lorituela said...

both dresses are great!
your blog is amazing!

love from spain!
lorituela

Lily Zemuner said...

Waw! You look amazing!
This dress is fantastic, I really need one! =)

xx

Anonymous said...

wooow! u girls looks great!!!!!!! :)

carola said...

The dress is not that slutty, but combined with your cool blazer it's definitely more work-safe :)

Mina said...

carola u really think this dress is not slutty? did u see how it looked in the NYE pic? I usually prefer to be a bit more covered up.

love said...

dress and boots are toooooooo cute. and the dress doesn't look slutty at all!

thread zeppelin said...

the dress is totally hot! and not slutty. but maybe you could wear a red tshirt under it and like some ripped up tights to make it more edgy than "slutty"...deslut it hah i love that word. and as for what i bought at mood...i just needed fabric for my senior collection at school. i bought a lot of double knits in a pinkish, brown, and tan and some other pops of color. really excited about it. i will post pictures when i get some finished looks...

thread zeppelin said...

ps im in DESPERATE need of a great black blazer. that was one of the items that was on my list to find in nyc, but i didnt find one...and i spent all my money. soo im jealous of yours.

Anonymous said...

Outfit is nice. it looks good. New Years picture is nice. but the other pictures didn't turn out too great. Your posing looks really forced, and they aren't your best pictures. Nice outfit though, it's cute.

Mina said...

anonymous... or should i say my baby sis diana... pls use your real user name when u wanna comment on my pics...i know who u are anyways.

PUNKIE said...

I remember this dress, it's amazing.... awesome... no right word to describe it! I love zebra animalier... the blazer is the perfect piece to match the dress with! good job!

Nora said...

Classy!


Hugs and kisses
-Nora

hanna said...

Cute outfit mina!!! the shoes look amazing on you :D

littlemissdressup.com

Fashion Garden said...

That dress is so cute !! wow !! alice
xoxo

www.thefashiongarden.blogspot.com

Becca said...

Oh my gosh! I love love love your dress! I have a bag in that print :) my favourite all time print!

Rebecca

p.s thank you for your comment on my blog!